Australia’s Victoria deploying military to curb coronavirus: Live

Spread the love

Australia’s second-most populous state Victoria said on Tuesday that 500 military personnel are going to be deployed to enforce COVID-19 isolation orders, with anyone caught in breach of these rules facing hefty fines as high as $14,250.

Latin America broke through five million confirmed cases of COVID-19, a Reuters tally showed, underscoring the region’s position because the area of the planet hardest hit by the pandemic. it’s already reported quite 200,000 deaths.

Brazil has reported that coronavirus cases within the country rose by 16,641 to 2,750,318 while deaths rose by 561 to 94,665.
More than 18.28 million people round the world are diagnosed with the new coronavirus as of Tuesday, up quite 280,000 in only at some point . quite 10.9 million have recovered, and quite 693,000 have died.

Tuesday, August 4
06:20 GMT – Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
Australia has closed the park home to its revered indigenous site of Uluru after some within the community blocked an access route for fear that visitors could carry in coronavirus infections.

The country is battling a replacement wave of the deadly virus, with southeastern Victoria state reeling from many infections, while Indigenous Australians are seen at greater risk as they suffer a better incidence of other health woes.

“It’s up to tourists to remain away if they are available from hotspots or are sick,” Thalia Bohl-Van Den Boogaard, the representative of a gaggle of Indigenous Australians protesting against the visits, told Reuters by telephone.

05:52 GMT – Philippines orders millions to remain home as global virus cases soar
More than 27 million people on the most island of Luzon, including the capital Manila, went back to a partial lockdown for subsequent few weeks.

People are told to remain home unless they have to travel bent buy essential goods, for exercise or for work after the amount of recorded infections surged past 100,000.

With only 24 hours’ notice of the shutdown, many found themselves stranded in Manila and unable to urge back to their hometowns after conveyance and domestic flights were halted.

05:21 GMT – South Korea reports 34 new COVID-19 cases, mostly from abroad
South Korea has reported 34 more cases of the coronavirus, with the amount of imported cases almost twice that of local infections, Yonhap press agency reported on Tuesday.

The 21 imported cases and 13 local infections raised country’s total COVID-19 infections to 14,423, consistent with the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC).

The accumulated number of imported cases reached 2,482 in South Korea .

But the country reported no additional deaths, with the price remaining at 301, while the amount of patients fully cured of the virus reached 13,352, up 72 from the previous day.

05:00 GMT – Trump home plan limits supply of free COVID-19 tests
The Trump administration’s decide to provide every home with a quick COVID-19 testing machine comes with an asterisk: the govt won’t supply enough test kits to see staff and residents beyond an initial few rounds.

A programme that seemed like a game changer when it had been announced last month at the White home is now prompting concerns that it could become another unfulfilled promise for nursing homes, whose residents and staff represent a small share of the US population but account for as many as 4 in 10 coronavirus deaths, consistent with some estimates.

“I think the most important fear is that the instruments could also be delivered but it won’t do any good, if you do not have the test kits,” said George Linial, president of Leading Age of Texas, a gaggle that represents nursing homes.

The weekly cost of testing employees could range from quite $19,000 to just about $38,000, consistent with estimates by the national organisation.

The Trump administration said nursing homes could cover the value of ongoing testing from a $5bn pot provided by Congress, and allocated to the facilities by the White House.

04:30 GMT – UN chief warns world facing ‘generational catastrophe’ on education
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has warned that the planet faces a “generational catastrophe” due to school closures amid the coronavirus pandemic and said that getting students safely back to the classroom must be “a top priority”, consistent with Reuters press agency .

Guterres said that as of mid-July schools were closed some 160 countries, affecting quite 1 billion students, while a minimum of 40 million children have omitted on pre-school.

This came on top of quite 250 million children already being out of faculty before the pandemic and only 1 / 4 of lyceum students in developing countries leaving with basic skills, he said during a video statement.

Source: aljazeera

,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *